CDS Logistics’ nationwide network consists of 60+ distribution centers covering nearly all of the continental United States. From these facilities, we operate straight trucks with two man uniformed teams – making in excess of 400,000 “Last Mile” deliveries per year.
The CDS Logistics Distribution Network is unique in the home delivery industry. While a majority of our locations are strategic alliance partners, we also operate our own facilities within the network. Therefore, we are not your typical 3PL provider. We know our customers, their product and their logistics requirements intimately. As a result, we are better equipped to engineer delivery solutions that meet the needs of the most challenging applications. At our “Center of Excellence” in Baltimore, MD, we design and test the process and procedures used throughout the network.
Unique standards within the CDS Logistics Distribution Network are:
- Each location is guided by and implements the same Operating Manual procedures, readily accessible through our CDS University online access.
- Routine and new product training takes place throughout the year
- Regular, periodic audits are performed throughout the year
- Key performance metrics are tracked and measured
- A performance bonus program is in place which rewards customer service excellence
- Network members who fail to meet our standards are replaced, if needed
- Quarterly management reviews are held with each customer